Additional CalFresh Resources and Information
Tips for Enrolling in CalFresh:
Utilize application assistance from DPSS offices/outreach site and these community partners and resources.
Food banks: To find a foodbank near you click here: www.cafoodbanks.org/our-members/
Call 2-1-1. This is a statewide help line to assist with social services and benefits.
If you are under the age of 22 and live with biological, adoptive, or stepparent(s) you must apply together, even if you purchase and prepare your own food.
Tips for Expedited CalFresh Services:
CalFresh benefits may be available, after submitting and application, within 3 days if:
- You are unhoused, you do not need to have an address to receive CalFresh.
- Your household has less than $150 in monthly gross income and does not have assess (resources) over $100; or
- Your household’s monthly income and resources are less than the monthly rent or mortgage, and utilities.
Tips for completing CalFresh Interview:
- The county may call from a blocked or unknown number. After you submit an application, answer calls from unknown or blocked numbers so you can complete the interview and receive CalFresh.
- If you missed your phone interview, call back as soon as possible to reschedule.
- Upload all required verification documents prior to the interview.
- If you interview is not completed within 30 days, you will need to reapply.
Once you have been approved for CalFresh and begin receiving benefits, you can download your Benefits Page from the BenefitsCal website. If you are interested in applying for the Fresh Success program, you will need to submit your Benefits Page to us.