Bass Player

Performing Arts & Entertainment Pathway

Students in this pathway learn the skills needed for careers in the performing arts and entertainment fields such as music (vocal and instrumental performance, composition, technology), cinema/television (cinema/film, television, animation, direction, producing, postproduction, cinematography, screenwriting), and theater (acting, technical theater, costume design).

Performing Arts & Entertainment Programs

  • An Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree provides knowledge and skills for employment or further study in a chosen field.
  • An Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) or Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) degree is for students interested in transferring to schools within the California State University (CSU) system to earn a bachelor’s degree.
  • A Certificate of Achievement (C) is approved by the state and prepares students to enter the workforce.
  • A Skills Certificate (CS) is issued by the department and prepares students to enter the workforce.
  • A Noncredit Certificate (CN) is for students who want to acquire employment, transition to college, and/or explore pathways leading to a career.