High School Students Checklist

Enrollment Guide for High School Students

High school students (Grade 9-12) are welcome to enroll in courses at Los Angeles City College. The course must be approved by the high school principal or designee, usually a counselor at most high schools. The completion of college credits may be applied towards the recovery of high school units and/or college certificate or degree.

Application Process Checklist

Step 1: Applications for Admission

Complete the college application and Supplemental Application for Admission of Students in Grades K-12 form.

Step 2: Register for Classes

Login to the Student Portal ( to register for your class during open enrollment.

Step 3: Get Your Student ID Card

Obtain your official LACC Cub Card ID at the campus Welcome Center, which located on the 1st floor of the Student Services Building.

Application Tips

  • For the Enrollment Status question, please indicate “Y = Enrolling in high school (or lower grade) and college at the same time”
  • On the application, be sure to specify the actual term in which the applicant is planning to enroll. For example, if enrolling in a class during summer, be sure to select summer on the application.
  • A completed Supplemental Application for Admission of Students in Grades K-12 form must be submitted to the Admissions and Records.
  • After 48 hours after the submission of the application, the applicant should check their email for further instructions.
  • Check the Open Class List posted on the college website for availability of courses.

Frequently Asked Questions

A high school student is a person over 13 years old and/or enrolled in 9th grade or above at a public or private high school.

High school students may enroll as a special part-time student by completing a Supplemental Application for Admission of Students in Grades K-12 form.

High school students are exempt from paying the enrollment fees, which is $46 per credit unit for California residents. High schools students are responsible for the cost textbooks and materials.

Yes, with approval by the high school principal. High school students participating in dual or concurrent enrollment program will college credit for completed coursework.

High school students may enroll for up to 11 units during FALL and SPRING terms and 9 units during SUMMER and WINTER terms.

To receive high school credit for completed college coursework, request for an official transcript be sent to the high school upon completion of the course.

A high school student may register for a course after the college application has been processed and during open enrollment.

If a space is available, you may request to be placed in the course waiting list. If a space becomes available, students on the course waiting list will be automatically added to the class roster until the first day of the class.

Once a class has started, you will need a course permission number from the instructor to add the course. For online classes, you will need to send an email request to the instructor for a course permission number. You can find the contact information of instructors on the LACC directory.

Yes, some classes meet at high school locations. Check with your high school counselor to see if any classes scheduled at your high school location.

High school students and their parents/guardian can visit the Welcome Center for assistance in completing the application process.

Contact Us

Office Hours and Location

Student Services Building, 2nd Floor
Los Angeles City College
855 N. Vermont Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90029

Student Services Building, Room 180


Phone: (323) 953-4000 ext 2455

Enrollment Questions?
Please contact the Welcome Center