Request For CSU GE-Breadth and IGETC Certification

  • Students may be certified to meet lower division general education requirements for transfer to the CSU and UC.
  • When fully certified, students are also eligible to earn a certificate of achievement conferred by LACC.
  • To request to be GE certified for transfer, please click the CSU GE-Breadth or IGETC buttons below.

Available Transfer Pathways

CSU Logo



CSU GE Breadth

The General Education-Breadth (GE-Breadth) program requires that students who select this option complete at least 48 semester (72 quarter) units of general education to receive the baccalaureate degree. At least 9 of these units must be upper division level.
For more info from the CSU click here

Request CSU GE-Breadth Certification


The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) is a series of courses that California community college students can complete to satisfy freshman/sophomore level general education requirements before transferring to most colleges and majors at UC campuses.
For more info from the UC click here

Request IGETC Certification

UC Logo



Transfer Certification

CSU GE-Breadth and IGETC certification requests are handled by the Counseling Department and Transfer Center.

  • All coursework outside of LACCD and/or external exams such as AP and IB scores must be on file with LACC Admissions Office in order to be applied to GE transfer certifications. (Submit official transcripts to LACC.)
  • Minimum of 12 units completed at LACC preferred.
  • The Articulation Officer has final determination of coursework and/or external exams applied to GE certification.
  • As a courtesy, the Counseling Department upon your request will mail or deliver proof of certification to your transfer university free of charge.

General Counseling

Office Hours

Mondays to Thursdays: 8:30AM - 6:00PM
Fridays: 8:00AM - 2:00PM
Saturdays to Sundays: Closed

Mondays to Thursdays: 9:00AM - 3:00PM
Fridays to Sundays: Closed


Chair, Counseling
Email: @email
Phone: (323) 953-4000 ext. 2062

Phone: (323) 953-4000 ext. 2250